Thursday, June 17, 2010

Art camp day 3: It doesn't always go picture perfect

Didn't day 3 of art camp start out lovely. My bible, my kids on a blanket in my backyard, and high hopes for beautiful mosaics. And then reality happened: today's art project was too tedious and time consuming. I bored them.
Don't believe me? Look at their faces....
Or these....
Or the rolling of these eyes...
I was an elementary school teacher before I had children of my own, so I know a thing or two about doing everything "right" to prepare...and then having the plan flop regardless. But what I love about children is that they are forgiving and willing to push through.



Our bird mosaics are not even close to being complete, so I will reveal the finished art tomorrow.


Amy

4 comments:

Janine Claire Robinson said...

I so love how you know exactly where you stand with kids! It is always a lesson to me to learn how to live out in the open. I can't wait to see the finished pics tomorrow! Looks like it all ended well :)

sassy seamstress said...

LOL! BTW, they got a stern "talking to" on the car ride home. :) And don't fuss at me. you know you would've done the same thing.

Between You and Me said...

beautiful pictures. you're so pretty. :)

Jemsmom said...

That is awesome! I taught second grade before we moved and I remember doing a "cool" lesson (in my mind anyway!) and looking into a sea of boredom! They at least let you know how they feel about it! I know the product will be awesome and they will all be so proud!

Post a Comment