Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Give her an inch, she will take 10,000 miles


Dear Ella,
A couple of weeks ago while at one of my favorite beach stores, I bought these really cool decorative lights. They kind of look like sticks but they have tiny white lights on the end. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, but I bought them anyways because they were so unusual. Then while at my favorite local store, Hobby Lobby, I bought this decorative arrangement on clearance for $5...originally $50. Who would buy this thing for $50 I have no idea, but I was thrilled because all I really wanted was the base.

As soon as you saw me starting to mess with this thing you were right behind me, "Can I help, please Mommy, what can I do, please can I do something". So you and I tore all the ugly stuff out of the top and stuck my lights and then a few more sticks in it's place. What we came up with is fun and different, the lights are way fabulous for sure!
As soon as you saw the lights come on in this arrangement your mind started spinning. The next thing I knew, you were lighting candles, setting our dinner plates in the "fancy room", and putting on fancy clothes and lipstick. When your Dad came home from work, you made your entrance and he made a fuss over you like he always does. We all sat down to eat and during our prayer you thanked God that "He was in our lives". I sat and looked at you in awe and amazement....all this from a 6 year old! So there at our fancy table that we do not use enough, I thanked God that you are in our lives. What would we do without you Ella? You are the life of our house party everyday. Without you, we would have never sat in the fancy room, in fancy dresses, with candles lit, eating grilled pork chops. Had I known what our night was in for, I would have planned something a little more elegant for dinner...next time I will know.

Thanks for being you Ella, I adore you!
Love,
Mom



1 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

when i saw the title of this post...i knew who it was about! :) love her!

Post a Comment