Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh what a week!

Oh what a week. Here's a picture recap:

The annual Father-Daughter Sweetheart Dance, the Cute Carpenter and his ladies...
Despite the pleas of her mother, my four year old turned five this week. We asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday party and she quickly replied "I think I would like to sit by a pool with a magazine and a drink and sunglasses and just relax"...seriously? My husband glared at me with disapproving eyes as if I was the one to have modeled this "bad" behavior. Certainly since the birth of my first child 7 years ago, I have not partaken in such activities. We are still confused as to where she has seen such things. Regardless, we did the best we could considering it was 20 degrees outside...




Lastly, the dude finally got his first haircut. We were long overdue, and everyone thought I had three little girls. It was time, it was painful, but it was time....



And since all I seem to have time for is posting tease pictures from my master bath remodel...here is one more. That's a TV over the tub. "Oh no he didn't" you say? Oh yes he did! See you Monday.

Amy

7 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

such a sweet family! I like your daughters idea of a good time. I'd like to sit by the pool as well! Thank goodness the temp has gone up a little bit. Its been in the 50s today. I was about to lose it if we had another freezing cold day.

Charity said...

I love your daughter, my b-day is next month and I am going to ask for that party. First hair cuts are bummers, shh don't tell but I am actually a hair stylist 2 days a week in my real life and I hate doing first hair cuts because they grow up before your eyes with that hair cut. I hope you guys enjoy your weekend.

Cha Cha

Jemsmom said...

And THAT is where a t.v. should be!!! I love it!!! Babies girls should not turn 5! I think we should make it a law by next December! What a cute party idea though! She looks so happy. I adore the Daddy Daughter Dance. Tom and Jemma went last year and they were precious. I don't know who was more excited... Daddy or daughter. We couldn't find a dance here. Maybe I just need to start one! Your little dude is such a happy guy and looks so big with his hair cut.. sniff, sniff. I didn't have Jemma's hair cut until she was three! Does that make me a bad mom? Nah!!! Have a great weekend!

Nicole said...

How adorable...what a great idea for a birthday party. My mom always threw the greatest parties for me when I was little. I love that your husband gets involved too. I remember one year I had a circus theme. My mom painted faces and my dad made balloon animals! :) I am sure that someday your daughter will look back on this birthday as one of the greatest, just as I look back on mine...

Becca Bertotti said...

Girl, you're awesome, but you stink on the other hand ... making us wait until MONDAY to see your obviously gorgeous bathroom with a TV above the bath (are ya' kidding me?). Next you're going to tell me there is a fireplace in there, too. Your baby girls are PRECIOUS ... what a fun birthday !! Love the pics with their awesome Daddy, too. And, little dude looks adorable with his new cut. I was sad to have Jax's curls cut, but, like you, I thought he was going to start actually thinking he was a girl since many thought he was with that hair. LOL. Take care, Becca

sara said...

What beautiful pictures! Are you sure your little girl is just 4, not 14?!?! :) I love her response on what she wanted to do on her birthday, and the fact that you all attempted to accomodate her wish as best as you could given it is 20 degrees outside!

Erin Helgerson said...

What darling children you have! I have an eight year old Chihuahua named Leila, that's as close as I can get for now!!!

Post a Comment