Monday, May 10, 2010

Sewing by default

I have been sewing against my will and I am not happy about it. First, there is the fabulous Amy over at Brownie-Goose whose orders are currently closed; however, even if her orders were open, she does not sew my girl's sizes. Secondly, there is The Sassy Seamstress who is equally as fabulous in her sewing abilities, but she is currently refusing to sew for the general public (aka: me). These ladies are forcing me to sit awkwardly in front of my sewing machine and make my own clothing.

How about you? Do you sew? Are you a real seamstress or do you pretend like me, someone who only sews by default because your friends will not do it for you? Have you ever checked out Allegro Fabrics? They are dreamy. Did you know that Tina Givens is coming out with her new fabric line at the end of May? And did you also know that my husband is not excited about the fact that Tina Givens is coming out with a new fabric line at the end of May? In fact, he fears that day, as well he should.

Amy

11 comments:

Australian Sustainable Action (ASA) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Timson said...

I must confess that I love sewing. I find it theraputic. Call me crazy but its true! I love Knitting too!!! I wont even go into fabrics because I may not stop....I think sewing for yourself give you the creative freedom to design anything. The world is your oyster...Sewing is a wonderful artform.
Have fun sewing.... Its not so bad...
Ta
Beq

sara said...

I have no idea where I would find the time to do it, but I would love to re-learn (knew the basics years ago) to sew so I could make cute little dresses for my daughter!

Mrs. Plank said...

I just bought my first sewing machine at an estate sale. But have no idea how to use it. I did learn in college but have forgotten anything. I may have to try and find a manual for the machine. Until then I'm day dreaming about all the cute stuff I want to make for my home and my daughter!

Amy S. Norris said...

haha!!!!!! watch out, keep it up and i might have to hire you on as a seamstress. :)

sassy seamstress said...

keep talking...i'll have you designing fabrics for us before you know it!

Unknown said...

Oh my! You did a totally fabulous job! I can't sew for the life of me AND I practically flunked out of home ec! We had to sew a skirt and mine was SO wretched! At least I was good at baking : )

ntignor said...

I love the dresses, very cute! The girls look so grown up! I miss them so much. Gosh is Ty getting big or what? He will be full grown before I see him.

Brenda said...

Your dresses are beautiful!
I completely understand your feelings. I sew today, but have been down your same road. I forced myself to learn.

I sewed for my little darlings creating Easter dresses and so forth. Through trial and error I amazingly learned how to sew.

You are creative, you will love it and become addicted, especially if you love fabric!

Blessings to you! Your blog is beautiful!

Lauren said...

It looks like you are doing quite well! I have a Viking machine...a beauty...that sits and waits for me to try to self teach on it. I do have dreams though! :)

Kristi said...

I would LOVE (and NEED) to learn how to sew!!! I have a brand new sewing machine I have NEVER used. Isn't that SAD??? I'm most afraid of threading the bobbin!! Are drop in bobbins easier?? Of course I don't have one!

Post a Comment