Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just one suitcase is by the door...

There is just one suitcase and one pair of shoes by the door. Are you wondering why? Even if you are not, I am going to tell you. Back in the fall my girlfriends and I got together one evening to sew. We all brought our machines over to The Sassy Seamstress' house and attempted to accomplish at least one outfit before the night was done. Well it turns out, that by the time we all set everything up, pulled out all of our fabric, and decided on a pattern, it was 1:00 am and we had accomplished very little. So the girls and I decided that we needed to go away for an entire weekend so that we could be truly productive, and not have 7:00 am carpool looming in the near future to worry about being alert for. Guess when the next available weekend was...this weekend. Between all of us, we have 13 children (and one more due in 4 weeks) and it is hard finding time when we can all get together and do a noncritical little thing like sew.

So with a minivan packed full of sewing machines, fabric, and patterns; I say good-bye to my husband, my children, and you for the weekend. My cute carpenter husband said that though my expectations for productivity while I am away sewing are high; that I should keep very low expectations for what will be going on at home while I am gone. He says that when I return, if all three of my children are still breathing, I should consider that success....I see we are drastically lowering the bar.

See you all on Monday!


Amy

7 comments:

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Sounds like a great time! Have a fabulous trip.

Amy S. Norris said...

so, where was my invite? ha! have so much fun and get lots done. :)

Between You and Me said...

have a blast...take lots of pictures and then come back and show them all to us!

Brenda said...

Sounds like fun! Have a graet time!

sara said...

What a fun weekend - have a great time! Please post pictures of what you end up making. :)

HouseMama said...

What a fun idea! Have a wonderful time.

Virginia Belle said...

Such a great idea! I can't wait to see the products of this weekend. Have fun!

Post a Comment