Monday, October 25, 2010

A cowboy without a horse

If you are visiting here from Remodelaholics, then your timing is impeccable. You know trouble is brewing when you catch your husband outside with house plans, a tape measure, and red flags. It hasn't been 6 months since I called this house remodel "complete". I suppose deep down I always knew we were not really finished. There were too many things left lingering, a few things not all that ideal, a few things left "with room to maybe add on one day". And now that one day has come, sooner than I thought it would for sure. My cute carpenter husband wants a garage, and I want my linen closets back. It is such a strange thing to tell out of town company that the extra towels are in the closet at the top of the stairs, right next to the air compressor and compound miter saw. We have tools oozing out of every spare space in this house. My man needs a garage, 'cause he's kind of like a cowboy without a horse.

So here we go again. Only this time it's going to look a little different. We will not be living in a remodel, but rather watching an addition happen on the outside of our house...not nearly as stressful. And though remodeling is not the heart of this blog, you know that there will be some great stories along the way that I will simply have to share here. And who knows, there might even be a dreamy screened porch in those plans that that carpenter of mine is holding.

Amy

Thanks Cassity for featuring our remodel. Click on My House Tour over on the left hand side to view all the rooms in our remodel.

8 comments:

Cat said...

ha! that picture is too cute. it looks like your hubby is "acting" like he's got it all figured out and the dog is like, "huh???, are you sure????" as he looks around. priceless! good luck!

Karen said...

I can't wait.

Richella Parham said...

When my boys were little, they loved to watch Disney sing-along videos (back then they were VHS tapes!). One of their favorites (and one of mine) was a Disney song from the 50's called "A Cowboy Needs a Horse." Have you ever seen it? :)

Congratulations on the prospect of a garage! Now that's an exciting addition!!

june said...

It's de de definitely time. He needs his man-cave. He has made such a beautiful home for your family,,he's earned it. Hope all goes smoothly.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How lucky that he can do it himself. Yes, I do agree, every man needs a garage and a screened in porch would be fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Jill said...

Well, I certainly think your man has earned himself a garage. Can't wait to see how it turns out & definitely can't wait to see what adorable things you'd come up with for a screened porch!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Hi Amy! Found you yesterday via Remodelaholic and I think I spent like 2 hours going through your back posts - I couldn't help myself. Your home is beautiful and some of your posts about motherhood made me cry. I'm your newest follower. :)

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Hey! Don't worry about it- I know you have been super busy. Just send me an email with the email address you use for paypal, and I will send you a 'bill'. So happy to make you and your girls some fabulous headbands!!!

:) Samantha
craftytexasgirls@gmail.com
http://craftytexasgirls.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment