Monday, September 7, 2009

Damask for Dummies

I love finding easy and affordable ways to dress up a room. Don't you? My new love is stenciling. Now don't roll your eyes, I am not talking about your grandma's old stencil collection. I am talking about large, gorgeous stencils in a variety of motifs...my favorite of course being the damask pattern found at Royal Designs. Click on over to https://www.royaldesignstudio.com/ to be totally inspired by the possibilities. About $50 will get you one large stencil and it will hold up all the way around your room.

Once you have ordered your pattern, you will need to invest in a trowel and some kind of plaster (they are going to recommend plasters by Faux Effects, but I am convinced you can somehow make plain old Home Depot plaster work). And please, whatever you do, do not fret about applying a raised pattern to your walls! A little sandpaper will take care of that if you have later regrets. These walls are very elegant and beautiful, you will not want to get rid of them! Royal Designs offers instructions on how to use their stencils, but generally, they are pretty self explanatory. Anybody can do this! Be brave, have fun, create something beautiful!



Amy

1 comments:

Lana said...

How beautiful! I fell in love with your site today!

Blessings to you,
lana @ ilovemy5kids

Post a Comment