Sunday, August 23, 2009

So I know this photographer...

I wonder if she regrets deciding she wanted to learn photography? Every time she picks up her camera and gets ready to photograph my kids, I think she undoubtedly regrets learning the trade. She must. It is not a fun job photographing my crew. There is always whining, always bribing, and sometimes even a little threatening. Then comes the editing after the photo shoot...I know that it is not a fun job! And did I mention that I never pay her? You see, she is my sister, and when your sister is a photographer you get to abuse her a little. In fact, I abuse her every time I head her way for a visit.

Though the circumstances are never right, she always seems to somehow capture my children in the perfect light. Without a doubt it is a gift, one I am grateful she has been given. And though I know she wasn't given this gift so that she could simply photograph my children...I pray she keeps pursuing it to find what treasures are hidden inside this talent that was lavishly bestowed upon her.

Amy

3 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

she is quite talented indeed!

emily freeman said...

Wow, you're not kidding! She is a talent indeed!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

this photo of your girls is beautiful! so different than the scenes around my home. :)thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. It's always nice to hear from a new reader.

Post a Comment