Monday, December 14, 2009

Can I really decorate for Christmas with leopard print ribbon?

I am so glad you are here, come on in!



Paint the Good News on a small canvas and stick in in your wreath. If I wasn't lazy, I would have bought lots of these little canvas' from Hobby Lobby and put several on each wreath...all proclaiming a different piece of the Good News. And if I was a little crazier I would have written out all of the Luke 2 on poster board and hung that on my front door....actually I like that idea and I might do it next year.

I keep my rejoice sign up year round on a book shelf, but it was moved to center stage this year for Christmas. These feather Christmas trees were actually a Thanksgiving decoration that I spray painted red. I like red at Christmas, not maroon or burgundy, but red. And this year, I apparently also like leopard print.

I also like angels. This one is sitting on the mantle under a glitter pine cone Christmas tree created by Caroline.
Here is our family room, real Christmas tree. Lots of festive, colored lights.
And lots of my favorite ornaments that I will keep forever.

Jesus' crown of thorns tops our tree.
This is a new addition to the decorations this year. The hubby is kind of afraid of it. He says he feels like the ice witch from Narnia did our Christmas decorating. I think it's lovely though. Lots of silver branches and lots of white and red birds.


This is another year round Christmas decoration...a basket of white lights, shells and angels.
And then there is Belle. You can read her story here. My Jesus candle has seen better days, Thomas knocked it off the table splitting the top. I just can't bring myself to throw it away...oh the hours of painting!

Here is my inspiration for my music tree in the front of our house. This photograph comes from Southern Living.

So my trumpets are not nearly as big, but they serve the purpose. Everything on this tree has something to do with music or angels, and is silver, gold or white. She sparkles so pretty at night!


Then there is the tree in the girl's room adorned with Jesse Tree ornaments. They love it.

Lastly, we have our Dickens snow village. For several years my in-laws bought us one each Christmas. The little people take a lot of abuse, but they still deliver Christmas cheer every year as we unpack them.


Thanks for stopping in! If you are here from The Nester's tour, leave me a message so I know who you are and I can come snoop around in your house!

Merry Christmas!

Amy


11 comments:

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

came over from Thrifty Decor chick. Lovely!

Heather said...

Your home is stunning!! Simply beautiful! I love everything, you have great taste! Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas!

Melissa Miller said...

Everything is so beautiful at your home Amy! Your trees are all gorgeous and LOVE your leaopard wreath bows.

Enjoy this joy filled season!
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful & so warm! Found you on The Nester's tour. I'm not taking the time to leave comments at most places, but you asked so nicely!! ;)

Charity said...

Love your home, My tree skirt has leopard print on it, It adds a little sass. I am also doing the Nester's tour of homes. Your post about teen age girls touched my the other day. I work with teen girls and feel the same way.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Beautiful decorations! Thank you for the holiday tour. Gorgeous!

Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2010.

Cristin

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

It all looks SO beautiful! Great work - who knew leopard print could do Christmas. :)

edie said...

ohmyword! I'm swooning over your front door and the cardinals in the kitchen!
love to you,
edie

Christa said...

Love your front door! All of your decor is so pretty! I am SO into leopard this year also!

patty said...

thanks you for stopping by today... your home is lovely and i love the ice witch decor! ;) love the way you hung the rejoice word with ribbon.. and the photo of the cardinal
merry christmas!
patty

Totallyscrappy said...

Ice witch from Narnia... Aren't our men great? :) I love all your leopard print ribbon. Thanks for the tour. Come on over when you get a chance!

Post a Comment