Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's your house built on?

On the heels of my last post where I talked about making the outside of our house pretty, I thought I would reflect on how we made the inside pretty too.

We started with weakness and sin. My husband and I had only been married a few months and it really wasn't nearly as much fun as we thought it would be. Bummer! We decided church might be a good place to go and see what they had to say about things. Wouldn't you know it, our beloved pastor had just started a 10 week series on "Marriage". Anyone out there (I do realize I am only speaking to myself and the cute craftsman) know our God? That's what He does, His timing is perfect, He meets us where we are...all slimy and sinful and stinky and says, "How about walking with me". And so we did, both of us. "He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2.

So here we are, 2 weeks away from being happily married 10 years. Our house is so much prettier on the inside now that Jesus lives here! We praise you Father for overflowing with grace so that we could build our house on the rock. We thank you for the miracle you performed when you lifted us off the sand we were standing on. And I thank you for allowing me to marry a man who just built me three of the cutest window boxes you have ever seen!

1 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

I absolutely cannot wait to share this blog with everyone I know. So glad you decided to take a leap into the blog world. A little offended that I'm not one of the things you "love", but that's ok. (j/k of course) I still love you anyway.

Post a Comment