Monday, April 12, 2010

I can't blame the closets anymore.

I told you here that I was blaming my daughter's closets for making us late to church each week, well I cannot blame the closets anymore. The cute carpenter came through for me again, he always comes through for me. He has such a love affair going on with his power tools though, that I am not sure if he creates awesome things out of wood for my benefit, or just to satisfy his passion for woodworking. Either way, I suppose I should not complain. He gets it done, and here was the process.

The set-up:
The design process:We know the design will work as long as the Michael Kors shoes with "the bling on them" fit on the shelf?
I painted what he built:They sold lemonade:
Then my carpenter installed it all:

The best part: full extension drawers. They extend all the way out and you can see everything in the drawer at once. The old dresser that we were using almost fell over several times while the girls were searching for clothes. So I guess the best part of this project is actually that no one has to worry about dying anymore while trying to find an outfit.Closet number two now has double rows for hanging clothes. Top row for the big girl, bottom row for the little one.

Full view:

Maybe this is the best part: all concealed behind closet doors. Love it!

Linking up with Met Monday today and The Idea Room and Kimba!

Amy

23 comments:

Rebecca said...

Unreal! Lucky you! I spotted all of the bows in the last picture...what a reminder of cute little girls!

Allison Shops said...

Fantastic! Stopping by from BNOTP.

Between You and Me said...

you did great...I mean your husband did great...NO, you both did great!

LOVE what you've done in the closets!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great job, Amy! It looks like this works really well too! Should get them through the teen years. Well, maybe. : )

Kathysue said...

Great Job cute carpenter!! Dream closets with the drawers. Kathysue

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, the shelves and drawers are just wonderful. Such great storage. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Elizabeth said...

I'm a little bit jealous! :)
I love a clean and organized closet. Perfect!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Wow! First I love that it looks good...and second the storage is amazing! She is one lucky girl and so are you to have such a handy hubby!

Wonderful!

Enjoy!
Cathy

sara said...

Wow, some more phenomenal closets! You are a lucky woman!

Jemsmom said...

Wow... I am so impressed and jealous!!!!!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I love it! I'm a sucker for a well organized closet. I admit, that makes me strange but at least I can find all of my stuff.

Between You and Me said...

Hey! Yes...at the end of my post..it gives you a spot to link up....to recap your weekend...it closes in about 5 days!

sassy seamstress said...

how many ways can you say fabulous???!!!!???? Jealousy is the sin behind this sinner right now. Love it!

Jill said...

Love me some awesome organization, and girl ~ you got it! You guys have turned your home into a showplace. It's really something!

Traci Michele said...

Cuteness! Love it!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Be very well done!e-You-Tee-Full! I hopped over from Between Naps on the Porch and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later...

Richella Parham said...

What a wonderful thing for your husband to love--power tools! I tell you, his work is just wonderful. Thank you for showing us this latest example of his handiwork. Boy, do I wish that my closet were that organized!

Anita Diaz said...

Oh I am SOOOO jealous!! I have to show my husband and the girls. They will go crazy!! I just spent a week trying to clean out their room so I could actually get in. This is just fabulous!!! My husband is building some corner china cabinets for me out of walnut, so I can't complain that we haven't done anything in the girls' room yet:-)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I am putting this in my favorite projects folder. I have a pretty cute carpenter myself:)

Melanie said...

My 3 year old picked out a pair of hot pink knock offs of those sandals at Target. She's quite the diva!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Lucky, lucky girl! Turned out great!

Kristin said...

Can I come store my things in your closets? Or maybe I could just live in them. I am in love.

Anonymous said...

wow! he is good! they are perfect!

Post a Comment